The Centre for Regional Studies is a non-governmental and non-for-profit organisation founded in October 1998 in Odessa by a group of researchers, public officers and experts in regional development.
The centre’s goal is to facilitate sustainable development of the Odessa Oblast and the Ukrainian Black Sea Region through research and professional project management in various fields of regional development.
The Centre for Regional Studies is a member of:
Our main activities are:
- Regional studies and applied research;
- Project management;
- Consultancy to central, regional and local authorities;
- Education and training.
The main fields of research activities are:
- Interregional and transfrontier cooperation;
- Regional development;
- Coastal research and Integrated Coastal Zone Management (ICZM);
- Wetland conservation, restoration and sustainable use;
- The sustainable management of natural resources and the conservation of biodiversity in the Ukrainian Azov-Black Sea Region and the Danube Delta.
Presentation "The Centre for Regional Studies: 10 years of working for sustainable regional development" (.pdf, 450 KB)